Friday, November 9, 2012

Blog 5b: Science Fair Proposal

Science Fair Proposal
1. My topic is foster care.


2. The driving problem behind my experiment is low highschool graduation rates for foster children.

-"There should be expectation that they're going to graduate and going to college and succeed. That shouldn't be such an oddity." -Molly McGrath

-"I just started to not really care about high school because I figured I'm just going to move anyway - why does it matter?" said Sommer

-KENNEDY, KELLI. "Nation & World | Experts: Half of foster kids quit high school | Seattle Times Newspaper." The Seattle Times | News, sports, weather, events in the Northwest. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Nov. 2012. <http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2016658236_apusfosterkidseducation.html>.



3. Hypothesis: If a child is placed in six or more foster homes in their life time, then they will have a lower high school graduation rate.  Than a child that was placed in six to one foster homes in their life 
time.




4. Experiment: I will research and find data on the highschool graduation rates for all foster kids that, live in California, and became alumni between the years of 2008 and 2011.  I will also find out how many homes they lived in. I will compare the data by making a chart, and the tools I will use is the foster care data base on line, Child Welfare/Foster Care Statistics, county foster care facilities and private foster care facilities.




5. Behavioral/Social Science

No comments:

Post a Comment