Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Foster Care Club Meeting 1

Foster Care Club Meeting 1
  • My first foster care club meeting on campus was not very successful, only approximately five people showed up for it.

  • The meeting was also supposed to be in my advisor's room, Mr. Pang's room, but he had tutoring going on this day.  I ended up having it in Mrs. Edward's room.

  • As we began the meeting I introduced myself and my vice president, Dolores Rios.  I also explained the point of my club to the group; which is to raise funds for foster children.

  • Then we immediately got to work thinking about ideas for fundraisers.  We came up with the donation drive.  Basically this is where I would put boxes in to each sophomore and freshmen classroom and, we would accept donations such as: school supplies, clothes, and/or money.  These donations would then be taken to Trinity Youth Services foster care agency.

  • We ended the meeting with the notion that I would get the fundraiser approved by ASB.

No comments:

Post a Comment