Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blog#2: Topic Choice

Foster Care
a. My topic is Foster Care, I chose this because, I hope to one day become a social worker or something connected to this field.  My passion in life is to make a positive difference in the world.  The best way to do that, that I can think of, is to help children.  Because kids are our future, and when my generation is gone, I want the next one to love being apart of life.  I believe that in order to help the children in this world succeed in life, we need to start by giving them a supportive and safe environment to grow up in.  This is where foster care for abused and neglected younglings come in. :)

b.
  • I-poly Citizen: I plan to practice and use my "I-ploy" public speaking skills, with people I have to talk to and explain to, the foster care facts and needs.  These skills will be used in trying to make people aware that they can make a difference in a child's life, no matter how small the donation; whether it be school supplies, a home, or just their appreciated time. As I get out their and talk to a number of strangers, I will be strengthening my presenting techniques, to become a better I-poly citizen.
  • Effective Communicator: I plan to relay information about the issue at hand, foster care,  to others.  This will make me more effective as a communicator because, it takes practice to get the message across random persons minds.
  • Effective Learner: I plan to take in as much information about my topic as possible, so that I speak truthful statements about foster care.  Researching, reading, and taking notes on foster care, will advance my research skills all the better.  This knowledge will be used to help me become a more effective learner.
  • Effective User of Technology: Well besides becoming a more effective user of technology just by doing these blogs, I also plan to; learn how to photo shop and create fliers on the computer. This will be used to catch peoples attention in my mentorship hours.  Learning how to do these things will expand my wisdom of technology, and will make me a more effective user of technology. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment